Ive always considered myself one of the lucky ones blessed with good skin. I’ve never had issues with break outs; except that one dreaded time a month. !!BUT!! I unfortunately do not drink much water. As much as I try, I’m just never thirsty; and then when I try to push myself to drink water I pee all day and I do not have time for that. So now that I’m getting older, I’m freaking out that I’m going to lose my good skin genes, until I discovered turmeric a little over a year ago. Turmeric is known mostly as the spice used in curry and Indian cuisine but it can do so much more.Turmeric has so many health benefits I feel like I have to share!
My first experience with Turmeric was when I bought Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream off Amazon. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce redness from blemishes and Rosacea, reduces appearance of dark circles, and the antibacterial properties disinfect the skin and combat acne. People with an oily base, uneven skin tone, or scars and dark marks from acne, state that they can see noticeable improvement. Turmeric being an antioxidant, it fends off free radicals that can be thought to cause premature aging and sun damage. Plus it smells like sandlewood and is super cheap!
On the bottle it states:
- Turmeric is a wonderfully versatile root that has been in every Indian household for centuries.
- This luxurious cream vanishes into your skin and starts working its magic from within.
- An Ayurvedic Medicine, prevents and cures skin infections, inflammation, blemishes, wounds etc
- It soothes boils, pimples, acne and burns.
- It nourishes the skin, improves tonal value and makes it fair and beautiful.
After using this cream, I bought the supplement and took one a day to help aid inflammation elsewhere. I suffer from GI issues and regular headaches. Turmeric has helped with both issues, Ive noticed my headaches are more spaced out and my digestive tract seems more happy and regular. Others who have arthritis, migraines, and back issues have also reported relief of pain while using this supplement. Others with autoimmune diseases have stated remission with help of turmeric. Black pepper has been found to increase the absorption of turmeric so try to remember to add black pepper while cooking with turmeric and to buy a supplement with it as well.
My next favorite thing on the planet is Golden Milk AKA Turmeric Tea. Its so easy to make and the taste is so comforting. Known for is anti-inflammatory properties and used medicinally for over 4,000 years, is excellent for arthritis, skin health, digestion, immune system (colds, coughs, sore throats), sleep, depression, and even cancer.So why wouldn’t you drink this before bed. I found this recipe on the wellness momma’s blog and I have been drinking it almost daily.
- 2 cups of milk of choice (almond, pecan, coconut and dairy all work in this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- First, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then, Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
Here are some other recipes that I will be trying
10 recipes from Healy eats Real’s Blog \\